Sunday, July 08, 2018 by Frances Bloomfield
Alien life does indeed exist, and it has already arrived on Earth. That bold statement comes from former Pentagon official Luis Elizondo, who went on record to state: “My personal belief is that there is very compelling evidence that we may not be alone.”
Elizondo, previously chief of the secret Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program, based his claim on various reports he’d read during his tenure. These reports detailed encounters with unidentified aircraft that, according to Elizondo, “are displaying characteristics that are not currently within the U.S. inventory nor in any foreign inventory that we are aware of.”
The aircraft described by Elizondo were said to lack obvious flight services and were void of any forms of propulsion. Yet they appeared fully capable of “extreme maneuverability” yet unseen in any man-made craft thus far. Identifying these flying machines and determining whether or not they were threats to national security became the goal of the program. At least until funding was cut in 2012. An insider claimed that this was primarily due to the program costing well over $20 million, an exorbitant amount fueled by taxpayers’ money. This, as well as the “excessive secrecy” and “internal opposition”, are what lead to Elizondo resigning from the Department of Defense in October of 2016.
Based on what he has seen, Elizondo has stated that the U.S. was not capable of matching the technologies that have been discovered. However, he further noted that none of the unidentified flying objects (UFOs) appeared to display any “overt hostility.” (Related: Canada’s former Defense Minister goes public with shocking claim: ‘Aliens are real and walk among us’.)
As for the program itself, it has since become the target of criticism following its reveal to the public. Many have expressed their distaste for it and have even called it a waste of money. Still, there are others like former Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid who’ve defended its existence. Reid, who initiated the program in 2007 at the urging of a friend, said of his work: “I’m not embarrassed or ashamed or sorry I got this thing going. I’ve done something that no one has done before.”
One of the reported sightings the program looked into was that of retired Navy Commander David Fravor’s. In 2004, the former U.S. fighter pilot claimed to have had an encounter off the coast of San Diego. Fravor recalled how he was one of four people sent to investigate a strange object that was disturbing sea water and causing it to foam.
Speaking of what he saw, Fravor described it as being white in color and oblong in shape, and that it was pointing north. Initially, Fravor thought he and his colleagues were looking at a helicopter because it lacked wings. That was until he noticed its incredibly abrupt movements that were much too fast to be that of a slow-moving helicopter.
“This was extremely abrupt — like a ping pong ball bouncing off a wall. It would hit and go the other way and change directions at will. Then the ability to hover over the water then start a vertical climb from zero up to about 12,000 feet and then accelerate in less than two seconds and disappear is something that I’ve never seen in my life,” said Fravor.
Upon talking to a fellow pilot much later, Fravor remarked: “I have no idea what I saw. It had no plumes, wings, or rotors and outran our F-18s. I want to fly one.”
Footage of Fravor’s encounter has since been released by the Pentagon.
Visit UFOs.news to remain updated on any and all things revolving around UFOs and alien life.